Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Thanking God for answered prayer






My sister Wendee was lined up to come and stay with the boys while we are gone.  Friends of ours graciously offered them stand by passes on Delta.  They live in Alaska.  They left home Friday at 6:00p.m.  Their flight was scheduled to leave at 1:15 a.m.  Due to other flights being late, they were unable to get on the flight.   The next flight was not until 24 hours later.  They are three hours from the airport so they could not go home.  They went to a hotel and came back the next night.  They got on a flight Sunday morning at 1:15.  They reached Salt Lake City, but then were told that the next flight was full.  They would only have one seat available, if any.  We did not know what they would do or how they would get here.  We were all praying and my ladies from my Sunday School class were praying.  Wendee called and at the last minute they  all got on the flight!  This was a miracle!  They were told there were no seats available!  God came through in a big way!  It was my moms birthday Sunday and we had a great time together.  It is good to see my sister, my nephews and my niece!   God is good,  Sheila

3 comments:

DONNA said...

YES, IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY! GOD BLESSED US ONCE AGAIN WITH A MIRACLE! HE CERTAINLY IS GOOD! I AM MOST BLESSED WITH A WONDERFUL FAMILY!

Lisa F said...

God is BIG as Peter says! Awesome to see God work a miracle right before our eyes. I gues we should be more expectant every time we pray!!! Love you guys!

Sharon said...

AnnaMaria looked at the blog with me tonight. She's ready to schedule a playdate!